The following technique can be practiced while using a computer. For an easier technique, see the method 2.
- Be aware that you are using a computer.
- Take one mindful breath if you are waiting for something. For example, for an application to start, a web page to be loaded or data to be saved onto a hard disk drive.
After getting familiar with the basic technique, you can try advanced techniques.
Advanced level 1
In the above step 2, expand your awareness to one or more of the followings:
- your body posture, especially back and neck.
- your breath;
- dryness or tiredness in eyes;
- the sounds of mouse buttons or keyboards;
- brightness of the screen;
- thoughts or feelings; and
- other experiences.